Saturday, November 13, 2010

My HomeMade Version of Tim Horton's Pumpkin Spice Muffins

My homemade version of Tim Horton's Pumpkin Spice Muffins.

John loves the pumpkin seeds on top of the Timmy's muffins that they only make during the month of October and sell them with their wonderful Pumpkin Tea.

John also likes the icing filling, though I myself don't really like icing with my muffins.

I made muffins a couple of weeks ago and tried a new Ginger Spice recipe.
They were very nicely spiced, but I felt they really needed something with them as they are quite a densely textured muffin. So I thought of modifying them a bit with the same idea as Timmy's Pumpkin Spice muffins.

I added the pumpkin seeds which I bought at the Bulk Barn, and I pumped into the middle of each muffin a small amount of icing.

They turned out so well that I've made 2 more batches since the first one!

Here is the Recipe for the Ginger Spice Muffins...

1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 cup Molasses
1/4 cup Hot Water

1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour 
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1/4 tsp. Gloves

1/4 cup Hot Water

Combine butter, sugar, egg, molasses and first amount of hot water in mixing bowl. Beat together well.

Measure next six dry ingredients into same bowl. Stir together.

Gradually stir hot water into batter. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake in 400 degree F. oven for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Enjoy!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment